Friday 8 July 2011

visa experiences...... 2


Karthik Yadavalli
Sorry for the delay guys .. Many were waiting for my post as it was my 2nd interview.. It is somewhat big please be patient to read the whole thing :-P
I got rejected for the first time on june 13th counter no 12 (spects guy ) ...
I hav seen many rejects that day and unluckily i was one of them ..

But Todays interview was very cool .. I had a nice cool chat with him for over 15 mins..
Here it goes like this ...

Date : 7 th july
Time : 900hrs
Place : hyderabad
Decision: Approved.
University : California State university, Chico

Asusual they allowed us 15 mins prior to apptmnt into the consulate..
Done with all the other stuff within 15 mins and took my token..it was C53..

Heard that the french beard is sitting at counter no 12 and rejecting all the visas ..
I got tensed up as i may get dat but luckily i got into counter no 16..

Went and stood there .. He rejected 3 visas and the girl standing infront of me got 221 g..
And dis tym its my chance .. Went there with a biggg smile ..

Vo : good morning sir .. How r u doing today ..
Me : doing good sir .. How about you ??

Vo: great.. So y csu chico in particular sir ??
Me : the course work founded to be very unique sir .. Unique in the sense the course work which i hav been looking for..It is a combination of both electrical and computer engineering and only few univs are offering that kind of courses in united states..
And the best thing abt our univ is that if we do 16 credits more in our last sem we do get a dual degree certificate sir..

Vo : dual degree?
Me: yes sir an Ms degree for EE stream and Ms degree for CS stream as well ..
Vo : ( impressed with that point )

Vo: what is ur ug percentage ?
Me: 76 with distinction sir..

Vo : good u hav got strong acads and that too in electronics ..
Me : smiled and said thank you :-)

Vo : Ur GRE and toefl?
Me : told them..

Vo : tell me something about chico ?
Me : was confused and asked whether he wanted me to tell about the univ or the city of chico ..
He said about the city ..

Told him the whole stuff about that city..
Chico is one of the largest populated cities in Butte county california united states..its popu is around 86000 according 2010 census ..
This city is a cultural, economic and educational centre for northern valley of sacremanto and home to both chico state univ and bidwell park which is considered to be the largest municipal park in united states..

Vo :(he interrupted me and asked) do u know the official nick name of chico ? (With a sarcastic smile :-P)
Me : Yes sir , chico is officially called as city of roses acording to the seal of the city of chico :) and chico has been designated as Tree city of United states for 26 years by arbor foundation..

Vo: dat sounds really impressing .. U hav done a good reasearch about the whole thing.. Did u take all that info from wiki pedia?(with a sarcastic smile again )
Me : no sir i have taken it from the official website of chico ..it is chico.ca.us
(do not mention wikipedia at any point of tym.. They dont like it)
Vo : (with a big smile dis tym) dats sounds awesome..u r quite impressive sir..
Me : thank you :-) (got d full picture that i hav nailed it and my visa is approved )

Vo: y were you rejected before ? Any idea ?
Me: was telling dat d same old story dat i was tensed blah blah blah ...

Vo : interrupted me and told me dat was not the reason for ur rejection last time there is a remark written in your profile by the previous officer ..
Me : shocked for a while and asked him about the remark..

Vo : shall i read it out?
Me : yes sir if possible ( was very tensd coz i hav argued with my previous officer for the reason for my rejection and was arrogant)

Vo: he read that out.. it was lyk "He seemed to be very brilliant and smart.. We need to study him thoroughly"
And then he asked me are u brilliant student ??
Me : with dat remark mindset i said no sir im not ..

Vo : with a huge expression u r not a brilliant !!!!!!!!!! (again he smiled in a satirical way )
Me : i understood dat and said yes sir i am and started laughing ( i dont y i rolled out of laugh :P)

Vo :he also laughed at me and asked me what is ur father?
Me : he is working as a Sr.General Manager in IDl industries sir.

Vo : ohh he is into corporate division .. Gud gud ..
Me : yes sir :)( he dint ask me abt d annual income n all)

Vo : what are your plans after masters ?
Me: blah blah ..

Vo:( typed something ) suddenly he turned towards me and said i want to share a secret with you before approving your visa ..
Me : ( it is confirmed here that i got visa .. Hurrayyyyy) sure sir what is it ?

Vo: come close to this window..
Me : leaned over the granite and kept my ear near to that window:P ( it was really wierd :-D)

Vo: i belong to chico city and my father is one of the professors in your University.. And im promising you that i will send u to united states dis tym ( smiled )
Me: thats really good to hear and sounds awesome sir with bigggggg smile :-D

Vo : ur hard work will pay and we really had a nice talk today .. Congratulations and have a nice day karthik ( he addressed me with my name for d first tym here)..
Me: thankyou sir :-) hav a nice day n dont worry abt ur father there.. i'l take care of him ..( laughed for a while )
Vo : thanks for that ..( smiled again)
Me: came out of d chamber happily

Guys it was a casual talk with him..he was reAlly very friendly..
The only thing what matters in getting a visa is confidence,spontaneous answers to the unexpected ques and dont loose ur fluency in speaking and dats it d day will b yours..:-)
All the best guys hope my experience helped u in whatevr way u take it though it was very long :-P



NEXT EXPERIENCE


Visa approved..
Place: Hyderabad
Date: 8th july
time: 10 15 hrs
counter no. 16
vo was a young lady....
University of findlay, Ohio

Vo: hello mam, how r u?Pls pass u r documents..
me: hello mam.. am fine... hw r u..?
(she didnt reply back...)
vo: why this university? (she started typing something in the computer..)
me: this is one of the good university in health care.. blah blah.....
vo: passed out year?
me: 2011 mam
vo: wats ur % mam?
me: its 71%
vo:any backlogs ?
me: 2, but cleared in the nxt semester
vo:wat abt u r gre and toefl?
me: told..
vo: what r u parents?
me: told..
vo: wat about their annual income?
me: told
vo: any siblings?
me: ya one brother..
vo: wat does he do?
me: complted his 12th.
vo: so he is younger to you
me: yes mam..
vo: can i see u r marks list?
me: sure mam..( gave it to her)
vo: thank u mam..(smiled) u r visa is approved and u will receive it within a week through courier..
me: thank u mam......



NEXT EXPERIENCE




Chennai Consulte-July 8th
Clemson University
Time of Reporting: 07: 45 AM
Counter no: 24
Decision: Approved

VO was a blonde in her mid 30's
Me: Good morning
Vo: Good Morning How are you doing?
Me: 'm fine ma'am
Vo: oh! Wait you might be out of the order...let me check
Vo: (calling) N 183??....N 183???....
Vo: (Back to me) so what is the number of yours? ...70 right
Me: Yes Ma'am
Vo: So, where are you going to?
Me: South Carolina ma'am ....Clemso...(Interrupted )
Vo: Clemson University?
Me: Yes Ma'am Clemson University
Vo: Which U@#&%* are you from?(I didn't Understand what she asked)
Me: I'm From VIT University, Vellore Ma'am
Vo: whats your %?
Me: Ma'am We have CGPA system at our University, and I have around 9.19 out of 10
Vo: where do you stand in your Class ?
Me: Ma'm....(took few seconds to say this...cleared my throat) I'm a class Topper and stood 11th in my.....(she didn't listen to me after that).
Vo: oh! Class topper???....who is sponsoring your stay there?
Me: My dad is sponsoring me ma'am.and i have a bank loan of 15 lakhs
(i lost my eye contact with her...as she started typing something in the system which distracted me)
Vo: What is your Father?
Me: He works at SBI, as Deputy Manager in (Cash Depart ment)......she didn't listen to me
Vo:SB.... what??
Me: SBI, State Bank of India Ma'm
Vo: Ok, so Do u have any properties at your Place?
Me: (i Kinda...got lost and confused .....) My Father has have two lands(i didn't know what said)
Vo: what type of lands?
Me: Ma'am My father owns two Properties ....one House at Kakinda other at sarpa@#$% (i murmered...actualy she was busy typing)
Vo: What all Un@#$*& ....for?(Didn't Understand what she asked)
Me: sorry Ma'am, what?
Vo: To what all other colleges did u apply for?
Me: IUPUI Indiana University Purdue University India#$@&*^(i murmured again....she was busy typing dint even try to listen to me)...i got the Admit from there too.
Vo: ok,@#$%&*.......*&%$#@ ....You'll get your Passport in 1 weeks time...have a nice Day
Me: Than.....(she got up from her seat , kept my Passport behind her in a rack) (K You ma'm..i completed this in my Mind).

It all happened in 2 min.......(JuSt Walked Away from there with a smile...i didn't know what just happened there at the counter)






NEXT EXPERIENCE








University : University of Houston
Date : 8th july 2011
Counter no: 19
Consulate : Chennai
Status : Approved

Asked for my toefl, gre and provisional marksheets....
Who is ur sponser??
Y dis university??
In which research field u r interested in???
Any backlogs???

Be confident, answer with a smile, eye contact important...
Then visa is urs!!












NEXT EXPERIENCE
















finally done with my visa..:)
interview date:6th july
consulate: Chennai
appointment time:9:00 am
interview time: 10:15 am
counter no.25:
in chennai consulate ur gre, toefl, b.tech. memos and i20 will be kept in a black file and given to you...rest of the documents u can keep as per ur arrangements in ur file..
After waiting for 1 hr my token no. has been called, there r 5 members ahead of me in my counter and 2 of F-1 visa students has been rejected before me....
VO was an young american lady aged about 25 yrs...kinda serious one
one was a girl she came late and VO face was all red when the girl faced her, couldnt hear their conversation, but while the girl was leaving VO kinda criticized her..
The other one was boy going for wayne state university, he got 2 backlogs, he gave some explanation but in d last he was rejected
me: gud mrng mam..
VO: (no response for some time...just typing in the computer) give me your documents file?
gave it n she checked all d 5 docs...( after 1 min)
VO: y OKSTATE?
me: told
VO : wats ur b.tech percentage?
me: 72%
VO: which year have u passed out?
me: i'm a fresh passout, 2011.
VO: ur visa is approved, u will get ur passport in a week.

Thats it fellas...nothing special in this interview, just be confident and have faith in urselvs
gud luck who r about to face d interview..:)






















NEXT EXPERIENCE






























Friends my Visa has been approved,here is my experiense
Place:HYDERABAD
Date: 8th July
time:9:30(actually i took around 10:00)
Course: Cs
University: UHCL

vo:heloo....how r u?
me:fine thank u,how r u doing?(passed the documents)
vo:fine,.....fjjfi...univ...%&​&...(dint get wat he asked,heard only word "univ",i thought it was abt univ and I dint wanted him to repeat for the first questn)
me: told some prepared stuff(it was the only qustn i prepared for)
vo:did u contact ur faculty and students(which was mentioned by me previously)
me:yes sir,i got a posive response..
vo:what is ur ug?
me:68.3
vo:any backlogs?
me:yes sir unfotunately one..
vo:k..wat all other univ u have applied?
me:told?
vo:y r u not for that univ's?
me:told that they r not satisfactory...
vo wat is ur gre score?
me:1030 with 770 iin quants(he didnot ask any thing a bt low verbal..)
vo:will u give ur gre score card?
me:sure sir, its here...
vo:looking at the score card,he asked that y u have reported the score for which u did not apply 4?
me:i dont know much abt the univ's at that time..
vo:u dont abt any univ u hav reported the score for..??
(me thought its going to be negativ...i only remember only one univ name and sarted.....)
me:i know abt texas a&m..told somting which is negative..
vo:k..passs ur memos...
me:gave them..he was looking a it...i thought i shoould speak something...told that I have consistent acads in every semister..but unfortunately lost one sub in 2-1,in the next attempt i cleared that..
vo:k...wat is ur father?
me:business man with 3.26L anual incomme and agricultural income of 3.7...vo inturuped
vo:wat is ur family income..?
me:8.2L (said that as above and added) we have an open land of 1Acre on tat we get rent of 1.2L
vo:1Acre???
me:yes sir
vo:how can u get such a huge amount of 1.2L on one acre?
(i thought this Q would be raised)
me:said that it was given on contract based..xyz.....he will be giving 10k monthly
vo:ok..jsskfjjf
me:sorry sir will u please repeat?
vo:bjjfff....LOAN.....(dint get but started)
me:i have a looan of 10L and 10L savings and 4Fd..
vo:k..(then came goldn words) ur visa has ben approved you will..........
me:thank u sir thank u very much.

vo was very cool and smart around the age of 25-28,i felt lucky having him..:)













































NEXT EXPERIENCE




























































Date: 6th July
Consulate: Hyderabad
Time: 10:15
Decision: Approved

I reached the consulate by 9:00 am. It was awesome morning with cool temperature .The atmosphere at the consulate is also cool because everyone's getting their VISA approved. Actually I was not tensed or nervous, but a guy (he was aged around 28 to 30) thought I was nervous and came to me and asked me which university? I said NIU .He said that I'll get my visa approved because NIU is a good university. That was very refreshing.
Then I waited for one hour outside the consulate and waited for one hour inside the consulate. That kind of waiting really sucks, because I was thinking after all the waiting what if the Visa isn't approved? And suddenly I got the counter no and went there. I was shocked because there's no one in the Q. The VO asked me to come for the interview. There was no time to adjust to the conditions..


VO: Good morning sir how are you doing?
(He was very young and very smart)
Me: Fine thank you sir how are you doing?

VO: Fine pass the documents please
Me: passed

VO: So why this university?
Me: My university MS program has a unique feature which has an emphasis on the ENTERPRISE COMPUTING…….interrupted me

VO: What do you mean by Enterprise Computing?
Me: Said a lengthy answer (he listened very carefully)

VO: What's your GRE?
ME:1130 sir

VO: TOEFL?
Me: 87 sir

VO: UG Percentage?
Me: 62 Sir

VO: Any backlogs?
Me: Unfortunately 3 sir

VO: That's not a problem man (Smiled hugely)
Waited for some time and asked what are the other universities applied
Me: CSU Los Angeles, USC Los Angeles

VO: Aren't they offering the Enterprise Computing?
Me: No sir

(He checked my passport and the papers attached to it he said some thing to himself which couldn't hear)

VO: Okay what is your father's annual income?
Me: 9.7 lacks

VO: What does your father do?
Me: Business

VO: What kind of Business?
Me: He is one of the partners in a Rice Mill?

VO: So a partner in a rice mill has an income of 10 lacks?
Me: No sir He earns 5 lacks from the rice mill.
He owns some agricultural land in my village which has an income of 3.6 lacks

VO: with a shock expression your father owns a total village?
Me: No sir he owns agricultural land in my village and laughed….
(He too laughed….)

VO: Okay I'm approving your VISA. You will get your passport in week's time.
Me: Thank you very much sir.(with a big smile)

All the questions he asked me are expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment