Friday 8 July 2011

visa experiences........8

Date: 6th July, ( O vasrham kurisina Udayam )
Location: Hyderbad consulate
Appointment time : 8:45 am
Result: Approved :D
University of Utah, for masters in civil engineering.

I'l directly get into the Interview.

Vo: Hey
Me: A very good morning officer ( with a smile )
Vo: SO why @#$#^@ ?
Me: Sorry sir ?
Vo: Why the university of Utah?
Me: I have done thorough research about the university of Utah which is known for its course curriculum in civil engineering and the research work carried out by professors Dr.ABC & DR.XYZ matches my interest.
Vo: What research?
Me: Adaptive signal controlling.
Vo: What does that mean?
Me: ( I was not prepared for this question) Sir, a time lag is maintained between two traffic signals, which helps in reducing the traffic congestion.
Vo: (He nodded his head but was not satisfied). 
I thought ab toh gaya :O
Vo: whats your ug aggregate?
Me : 84% sir,
Vo: Any back logs?
Me: No
Vo: Did you take your gre exam?
Me: Yes and I have scored 1140.
Vo: whats your fathers annual income?
Me: My total family's annual income is X lakhs.
Vo: Ok sir, I am approving your visa you can collect it in a week.
Me: Thank you sir have a nice day.

My profile came to the rescue. Thanks you guys for your support. Good luck :)

NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE

Visa approved :) :) 
Chennai consulate .

VO: Good morning ! How are you ?

Me: A very good morning sir. Im good how r u?

VO : Im good ! What are u going to study in WSU ?

Me : MS in mechanical Engineering.

VO : Wats ur UG %

Me : First class with distinction. CGPA : 7.48/10

VO: Any backlogs?

Me: No Sir.

VO: How are u going to fund ur education?

Me: Told

VO : Congrats mam. Ur Visa is approved :) :)

NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE

DTL: july 6th, 10am , hyderabad 

me: hi sir, hru ?
vo: hi sir, hru?
me: fine , thnq sir .
vo: have any backlogs?
me: no sir
vo: ur undergrad % ??
me: 9.35 CGPA 
vo: thats gr8 !!!
vo: y GMU ???
me: told about course curriculum in DSP
vo: wat is DSP?
me: thought for definition and said 
vo: who is ur sponsor ???
me: my parents sir
vo: wats ur father income?
me: 8.5 pa
vo: what does he do?
me: he is builder and a real estate agent
vo: how come a builder have such huge annual income, do you know lying to US consulate is a serious offence......(full serious)
me: his annual income is combination of rental and agricultural income, his business income is 4.5 pa
vo: did I ask about rental income ??
vo: sorry cant issue visa, reason is specified in this page ......214(b)

NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE

consulate: hyderabad
appointment time: 10.00 (27 june)
decision: approved

Reached Consulate at 9:15..waited for a pain staking 25 mins..then at 9:40 I was allowed to go and I went and stood in the Q before main entrance..A lot of movie artists (serial level ones) have come for their visa as they are going to TANA meetings and one of them stood behind me (krishna cinema lo pani manishi :P) I talked to her for a while and then I went inside...Finished security check (Y do we have to remove our belt? thank god my trouser is fit :P)..then one guy pinned i20 gre toefl sevis ds160 to my passport (wat if they ask me to get a new passport due to damage caused by pins? ) and stood at ocunter 6 for 10 minutes..he verified everything and asked me to go to counter 8 for finger prints....Its the most agonizing part of all as I had to wait for 20-25mins...then I was issued a token number C-108 and was asked to go to counter16 immediately...

VO in counter no 15 called me when I was walking towards the 16th...he asked me something..I couldn't understand...I said i need to go to counter 16...he asked me y?..I replied "That guy..who is standing there..giving tokens..he asked me to go" "yea that guy only" and I walked away..feeling great that I managed to get rid of him and tensed coz I couldn;t undertsand his accent...

Then an empty counter greeted me at 16..I had to wait patiently for 5 mins..then a short young VO officer appeared out of nowhere and askd my passport n all...

ME:Good Morning Sir..
VO : #$%^&)
ME: Sorry I cannot hear you ( Actually I felt i could not understand him)
VO: (adjusted mike n pressed some button n his voice is as loud as the indian supporters at mumbai WC final :P) Y Arizona?
ME: I feel its the best among all I admits i have (Did I use too many Is damn!)
VO:who is ur sponsor?
ME: My mother
VO:what is ur mom?(oh i should've used mom too..its posh!!)
ME:(Answered)
VO:When did u passout?
ME:2011..this year
VO:what is ur percentage?
ME:77
VO:we'l courier ur passport in a week
ME: thank you sir (Did I get visa or am I stupid like the first time? )
ME:I want to collect it by hand sir..
VO:(handed over me a white slip consisting of all details on how to collect)
ME: thank you...bye

It was 10:53 by the time I came outside..and felt hyderabad is hyderabad..so cool :D :D

NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE

My visa experience @Kolkata consulate 
june 27th,8:30 am
My appointment time is at 8:30 but in kolkata they didn't bothered about the appointment time they gave me the token number when i entered the consulate and waited for nearly 10 minutes in the waiting hall outside and they called 10 token numbers at a time.when i entered into the office there are persons at counter no.3 and 4 calling one by one to submit the DS-form,i-20,sevis form,gre and toefl score cards.After submitting them i had to wait in that room by sitting in the chairs along with the other applicants watching NDTV.At last the room was filled with nearly 85 applicants and more 15 applicants are waiting outside in the waiting hall because of no seat available in the room.There are only two counters opened for the visa issuing process.In counter no.1 there is a chinese person and i got the information from this group that he is very kind and will issue the visa,so in my mind i wish to go to that counter.Nearly 25 applicants are there for the F1 studentr visa and among them 20 students are from Andhrapradesh and i got shocked by seeing all the andhra students because i am also from andhra.My token number is 27 and they are not calling according to the token numbers but they gave preference to the people who came with the children and all had to wait until they had to finished.As there are only two counters all are waiting for their turns and from 9:45 onwards the F1 visa applicants are called one by one by the visa officer with their names and the token numbers in the kolkata consulate don't play any role.Nearly 14 students had gone and only one girl from bangalore got the visa and remaining all got rejected.Then the visa officer at counter no.1(chinese guy) called me by my name and the process goes on like this.
ME:good morning officer!
VO:good morning and how r u?
ME:Fine.
VO:why this university?
ME:told about the univ which i had prepared.
VO:Do u have any backlogs?
ME:1 sir and i just can't help it because i am poor at drawing.So,i didn't passed the engineering drawing and in the next attempt only i completed it.
He did not asked any documents and told that he believe in me.
VO:who are sponsoring you?
ME:mother
VO:what about your father?
ME:expired 6 years back
VO:more than this university can u tell me any other three univ from which you got admission.
ME:i applied for 5 universities and i got 4 admissions,1 reject.They are:
Eastern michigan university,loyola university chicago,Northeastern illinois university,Northern illinois university.
VO:Do u have any siblings?
ME:yes sir,one sister.
VO:He is smiling and asking me what your sister will do when you are taking this much of amount from your home?
ME:when i am ready to answer this question he told that your visa is approved.
Thank u sir.
VO:k bye have a nice day.
ME:same to u bye.
He is so cool and friendly.But on that day,he rejected all the people by asking only one question backlogs and why you came to kolkata instead of hyderabad.Only four persons out of 25 got the visa on that day.
But i came to know that after seeing my passport that i got the visa for only 3 years.(hmmmm k)

NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE

My Visa experience :)
July 1st...
Consulate: Hyderabad, time: 10:30
Counter no:16 An America around 35-40,smart.
He rejected some people before and the outside talk was the counter:16 v.o was so strict
Decision : Approved...:-)

This is how it went....
My above applicant was given white form i think..
My token Number was c138 when i recieved my token,, suddenly the screen was spashing c138 to go to 

counter 16 it was so immediate.. Lucky i think..No need to wait for token numbers.. i thought..??

me: good morning sir,
vo: good morning.
me: how are you sir,
vo: I am fine thank you,how are you.
me: i am fine thank you.
vo: which passout.
me: 2011.
vo: whats ur percentage
me: 73.51%
vo: Your GRE 
me: 1030
vo: so well murray state,,.. why Murray State University??
me: Murray state is one of the best univ which provides good research wrk in field of social n/w tech. and 

Info. tech. i want to be a part of research work, i have done my project on Cloud Computing 
vo: A big Expressionn:=) Cloud computing its a nice project...
i continued my speech..
me: and while completing my project i had very much intrest in this field.so i choose this university,
vo : i am issuing ur visa and u can collect from courier..
me: Huge surprize on my facee thank thank u sir thanks alotttt..;-)

I didnt even open my file wallet to show any documents,just we talked to each other..
Floks... my suggestion is to be confident the vo checks you out when u r standing in the line,,beware of 

that..

NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE

visa approved
date: 5th july 10:45
hyd

my interview went like this..

me: gud mrng sir
vo: gud mrng , why this univ?
me: told prepared ans.
vo: what is ur ug % ?
me: 76%
vo: what is ur father ?
me:told
vo: ur visa aprroved..
me:thanq sir.

NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE

Visa approved at hyderabad consulate 
University : missouri university of science and technology , rolla
time : 9.45 AM
counter : 13

reached consulate by 8 am . there was a long queue outside ..... thought i would enter into consulate earlier bt there was a long queue... so had to wait .... then my turn came by 8.30 and i had my first security check at the gate... they saw my HDFC reciept and my web appointment .... then i was sent into line 2 and i had complete check of my docs and i went in .... then i aheaded to another counter where my passport , i20 , ds 160 form , hdfc reciept are pinned together.... here they vl take away blue reciept and will give us pink one..... then i was sent to another counter for the biometrics for fingerprints.... then i was given a token number and was asked to wait in the hall... my number was c74 and i waited for almost an hour.... then they called my number .... bt there were few interviews gng on so asked me to take the couch ... within 5 mins i was asked to come to the counter number 13 .... it was an american in that counter... hell i wanted a guy and nt a lady..... because lady officer is rejecting lots of applications.....

me : good morning sir ( no reply from him and wished him again )
vo : good morning mam

me : how r u sir ?
vo : i m fine mam....

vo : pass me the docs
me : yes sir , here they are

vo : why this course ?
me : my area of interest lies in management side and i want to enhance my skills in management and retain my technical skills for which engg management is an apt course....

vo : why this university ?
me : detailed course structure with updated case studies blah balh

vo : when did u undergradute ?
me : 2010 , sir

vo : what were doing this period ?
me : told that i was working for XXX company

vo : who is sponsering u ?
me : my parents , sir

vo : whats ur father ?
me : he is an employee , sir

vo : can u explain me what is he doing ?
me : told

vo : whats his annual income ?
me : told 

vo : then how r u meeting the rest of ur expenses ??
me : i said i m taking a loan of XX lakhs from SBI

vo told platinum words.... that my visa has been approved .... and it will be couriered in a week....

guys stay cool..... its a cake walk ..... eye to eye contact..... please shout for ur answers as there is no kind of mic for us ......

1 comment:



  1. usa visa consultants in hyderabad We are the Best USA B1 B2 Visa Consulants providing the Best service to all our Cusomters. We analysize the applicants profile and let them know how to apply for the USA B1 B2 Visiting/Tourist/Business visa.

    ReplyDelete