Friday 8 July 2011

visa experiences......9

Date: 5th July
Location: Hyd consulate
Appointment time : 9.00 am
Result: Approved 

me : good morning sir 
vo : good morning 

me : how r u sir ?
vo : i m fine 

vo : pass me the docs
me : yes sir , here they are

vo : why this university ?
me : detailed course structure with updated case studies blah blah.....

vo : how many univ applied ?
me : 4

vo : what r those ?
me : told

vo : den why only dis univ ?
me : blah blah. . .

vo : when did u undergradute ?
me : 2011 , sir

vo : accads % ?
me : told

vo : backlogs ?
me : told

vo : project in final sem ?
me : explaind (interrupted nd asked sme ques on my project )

vo : GRE ?
me : told . .

vo : verbal ?
me : 410

vo : score card ?
me : gave 

vo : nice !
me : thank u sir (smiled )

vo : toefl ?
me : told

vo : who is sponsering u ?
me : my parents , sir

vo : whats ur father ?
me : he is a bussiness man , sir

vo : wat bussines ?
me : told

vo : explain ?
me : told

vo : watz uea mother?
me : explaind

vo : whats his annual income ?
me : told 

vo : den hw r u meeting the rest of ur expenses ??
me : i said i m taking a loan of XXxx lakhs 

vo : typed something...for 3min
me : ???

vo told golden words....my visa approved :) :)

NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE

My VISA experience @ Hyderabad US Consulate
July 5th, 8 AM
After the regular passport verification,DS bar code scanning ,fingerprints etc etc… I face the VISA Officer an American with a French beard.
ME: Good moring Sir,
VO: Good morning.
VO:when did you graduate?
ME:2011 sir.
VO:UG percentage?
ME:told
VO:GRE?
ME : told
VO:project?
ME:started but interrupted
VO:What does your family do for a living?
ME: told
VO:Annual Income
ME:told
VO:Do you take a loan?
ME:Yes Sir for so and so amount.
VO:Why this university?
ME:started talking blah blah….
VO:Okay your VISA is approved.
Felt totally comfortable taking to the American.So summing it up I should say it was a Great experience B-)

NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE

My F1 VI Experience....
Consulate: Hyderabad
Date: 05 July 2011
Reporting Time: 10:00 AM
Decision; is at the end of this experience
Heading to University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

and coming to the interview, Here it goes..

VO: Pass your documents
ME: Sure Madam (while passing them, with a good smile I wished her "A very Good Morning Madam" by looking into her eyes)
VO: Good Morning, How are you?
ME: I'm Fine, Thank you and How are you madam?
VO: Good, Bachelor Degree passed out year?
ME: In 2011 madam
VO: Any Backlogs?
ME: No madam., I do not have any.
VO: Your percentage?
ME: 74.1% with.... (Thought to say disntinction but missed it)
VO: Have you taken GRE test?
ME: Yes madam, and I have scored 1130
VO: Well, Why University of Louisana?
ME: Madam, Primarily, Course work for the Computer Science students precisely matches with the courses of my interest especially Computer Graphics, Operating Systems and Software Engineering.

On the other hand, we have a Virtual Reality Laboratory in the Campus. I'm interested in the Research work going on aswell, where 3D Models are being developed in Virtual Environments, which are more related to my area of interest i,e. Computer Graphics theory.

So it would be a great honor to study under the same professor who establised this university and to take part in the Research work and projecgs going on. (Completed this in 30 seconds, and she listened to all my words)
VO: Okay! How many students go to Louisiana?
ME: Sorry madam.
VO: How many students go to this university yearly?
ME: Madam as per the previous Fall semester, may be Around 15-20 students.
(At this point, she stood silently, watching the Computer screen.. So to add some points.. I said "it may not remain constant as it depends on how many applications university accept)
VO: What are the improvements you have made from your previous Interview?
ME: Madam, may be I did not produce all the information I have about the university and their Curriculum to the previous officer, But Now I'm PREPARED!
VO: Umm.. Tell me something about Louisana?
ME: Madam, It's on of the leading public research universities in the nation.......(She interrupted)
VO: NO, Tell me something about this state?
ME: Okay, Umm.. Madam, It is near to Texas. one of the world's largest bridges is in this State. During the summer the temperature would be 30-35 C and in the Winter it would be -2 C..
VO: What are the other universities you have applied?
ME: Madam, Mississippi State University and West Virginia University
VO: Why applied to only these three universities?
ME: Madam, I shortlisted some of the universities which offers the research work and coursework which area of my interest with the help of Gradschools.com and other websites. Later on, With the help of Professors at my Bachelor Degree institute and universities official websites, I explored all the information and then I selected these 3 universities.
VO: okay, what is your father?
ME: He is working as **** in ********
VO: Annual Income?
ME: 7.2 L P.A
VO: Your Mother?
ME: She is a home maker
VO: How you are going to pay your school fee?
ME: Madam, I have an education loan sanctioned for 16 Lakh rupees. My Father has savings of ** Lakh rupees and we also have other assets in the form of Land. This will be sufficient to my fee.
VO: okay, Your Visa is APPROVED and your passport will be couriered in 7 days.
ME: Thank you Very Much Madam, and Belated, Wish you a very happy 4th of JULY.
VO: Thank you and have a nice day.
ME: Thank you and you too have a good day.

NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE

consulate : Hyderabad ,27th June
appointment: 8.30
Decision : Approved !!!
university : saint joseph's university, philadelphia
counter no: 16

Me: Gud mrng sir with a good smile :-p
VO: Ya ya gud mrng wid a smile
VO: can u pass me d documents
Me: gave my passport
VO: sooo y u heading to saint josephs's university
Me: told somethin regarding the coursework n mentioned the names of the prof and their research
VO: dats's great, wat is ur gre score?
Me: 1000 sir
VO: can u pass me the doc's
Me: sure sir, here it is
VO: wat is ur UG%?
Me: 59.1 sir
VO: any backlogs?
Me: yes sir, 7
VO: y do u have so many backlogs?
Me: sir most of my backlogs wer from the stream of electonics and at the beginning i had trouble in understanding the concepts but with the help of my prof's i was able to clear them in my very next attempt.
VO: Well, niceeeeee, hmmm gud
Me: thank you sir:-)
VO: can i check your ug documents
Me: sure sir, here it is ;-)
VO: wat are the other uni u applied for?
Me: sir can u jus repeat it 
VO: wat are the other uni u applied for?
Me: sir,I din get u can u jus repeat it again
VO:wat are the other uni u applied for?
Me: ocu, uni of memphis, north west missouri
VO:he was going through the memos [I was worried coz i had 2 active backlogs:-p]
There was a pause for 2 mins
I was starring at him for those three words, but stil he was going through the memos n gre score
Finally, m approving ur visa :-) :-) :-) [he infact spoke somethin afta dis but nothin went in to mind except for "ur visa is approved" :-p] 
VO: Have a nice tym der :-)
Me: Thank you sir...( i infact tol dis 3 times unknowingly :-p)

NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE

‎5 july:HYD:8 15

gd mrng
VO:pass me ur GRE(1210) score card
VO:admits??specify
VO:y dis university?
me:abt course wrk,professor,lab
VO:UG?
me:62
VO:why low acds?
ME:I scored good in my core subjects and masters is related to my core subjects(VO convinced)
VO:which year??finances??
me :2011 n told
Aprroved

NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE

visa interview exp june 9th sorry for late post

me: gud mrning sir how r u?
vo: m fyn thanks.
vo: which yr passed out?
me:2011
vo: percentage ???
me 73 with distinction
vo: any backlogs
me: one
vo: y pharmacy in ug?
me: i am from science background so... he stopped me in middle
vo: k which major ur going to take in ur ms?
me: analyticl chem
vo: y analytical chem?
me: during my ug i had overview on all corners of chem i dev a vast interested on analytical n validation procedures..so i opted ac
vo: who is funding u?
me: my father
vo: where he works?
me: apsrtc 
V0: designation?????
me: controller
vo: annual sallary?
me: 3.5lakhs
vo: any other sources??????
me: rental income of 1.44lakhs n income on agriculture 3.80 lakhs
vo: what he grows in ur farms?????
me: mangos
vo: wat variety????
me: i had no ans 
vo: even i luv mangos wat variety ur father grows in ur farms????
me: banginpally
vo: ur visa is accepted u will get ur visa in week days

:)

NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE

my visa intrw
july 5th
hyderabad-10am
countr no.12

me:hello mam gudmrng:)
vo;gudmrng mam:)
vo: which yr pass out?
me:2011
vo:how many univr did u apply??
me:3univr.told names
vo:y nwmsu?
me:told.she stoped me in middle
vo:wats ur gre and toefl?
me:told
vo:wat r ur parents?
me:told
vo:how vl u fund ur education?
me:told
she checkd my memos........
she approved my visa
it was so cool and simple.....:)


No comments:

Post a Comment