Friday 8 July 2011

visa experiences.......10


Hyderabad consulate, 27th June (The D Day!!)
Appointment @ 9:30 A.M
University of Delaware
Decision - Approved
Counter no. - 16

15 minutes of my precious time was wasted in checking the details of my old passport...

I was at the counter around 10 A.M...

The guy(V.O) was lean,with specs...kinda weird nose...but was very pleasant looking..

Me : Good Morning officer *with a smile*

V.O : A very good morning to u! *smiled back*

V.O : Please pass the documents..

Me : yeah sure sir...*gave them to him*

V.O :( He was going through all the docs i gave)...
So you have already been to US huh?
Me : Yes sir. I have been there at the age of 10.

V.O : How long did u stay there?

Me : Me, my mom n my sis just went for a 3 month visit...

V.O : Ur dad worked there?

Me : Actually he went on an 18 month contract..he returned back in may 2000.

V.O :*seemed impressed* Ohhh thats good...great!

Me : Thank you sir *dunno y i thanked him*

V.O : So u liked it there in US??

Me : Well, I dont remember much...but yeah it was fun. I liked US!

V.O : That's nice *with a smile*

I smiled back...:P

V.O : so why Delaware?

Me : The research work going on in Univ of Delaware is exceptional especially in my area of interest that is DBMS,etc. I have already interacted with quite a few professors. I would like to assist one of them in research.

V.O : Oh ok...*turned right and strted typing*

V.O : Alright then..ur visa will be sent to u in a week...

Me : Thank you. Thanks a lot :D

Thanks to this group...in a way it helped me a lot in preparing for the interview :)
here's the 'success mantra'...
stay cool...listen carefully...be patient...maintain eye contact...and the day is urs!




NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE




Hyderabad Consulate, 5th July (The Bandh day)
Appointment @ 8:00 A.M.
George Mason University
Decision : Approved
Counter 10

I had to stand at the counter for roughly 2 mins.Noticed an another guy, He was taking the interview...got weak stats(acads and scores) and trembling voice.
Guess he got rejected. And it was my turn now.

The V.O. was a lady maybe of around 27 years of age.
She had features like a European facecut, white in color, and she's got short and silky hair.
For the whole interview session, I did not see her smile even once.
Workaholic....maybe.

The only docs she's gone through in my case are my Passport and GRE-TOEFL Scores.
Now here's my interview session (P.S. The questions may not be in the exact order they were asked)

Me: Good Mor...
(break by V.O)
V.O: Give me your passport.( Wht the duck...let me wish you first coz I practised it for about ten times or more)
Me: Here's my passport.
V.O: When did you passout?
Me: I was a recent passout,2011.
V.O: Ok, so why George Mason?
Me: Ma'am I've gone through course work of George Mason....blah,blah,blah...Game​ development.
V.O: So why did you go for Game Development?
Me: When I was a child, used to play a lot of games and as time progressed It turned into obsession for Game Development.
V.O: How many Universities did you apply?
Me: Totally 9...blah,blah,blah. (She stopped me after 7 universities...Folks Do remember the names of other Universities you applied)
V.O: What is your father?
Me:Told her all the stuff also the gross income.( She did not care to ask who my sponsor was,I guess she wants to finish this quick So I gave the details like sponsors designation and the gross income)
V.O: Backlogs?
Me: Told.
V.O: How abt GRE?
Me: Told the score.
V.O: Can I see the scores?
Me: Yeah, sure.
(Passed on the score reports)
V.O: What about Engineering?
Me: Told the percentage.
V.O: Are you taking a loan?
Me: I already have sufficient financial assets so I ain't takin a loan.

(Finally the golden words)
V.O: Your VISA is issued and you will receive it in a week's time.
Me: Thank you (Twice).
V.O: Have a nice day.
Me: You too Ma'am.

Folks whatever you do, Look happy and confident throught the interview.Never let ur cool down.
Even though she looking serious, I maintained my cool and got through the interview.
And do try to answer the questions in breif, As the VO's don't like to spare much time on anyone.
Also take care that you do not mention any of the subjects that are mentioned in the TAL list...
Believe me you won't be able to handle the situation if you happen to mention a subject from a TAL list.
Good Luck People.





NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE






I had My visa appointment yesterday 30 june 2011.
Place: Hyderabad consulate
Appearing for 2nd Time.
Decision : Rejected.

Me: Good Morning Officer.(smiled)

V.O: Good Morning.

Me: How are you doing today.

V.O: Good , Pass Me your Documents.

Me: I passed them.

V.O: So, Lalith, Why Do you want to go to University of Central Missouri ?

Me: I have learnt the basic concepts in my under graduation,I want to learn them in depth, UCM offer's me very good courses in I.T . I have spoke to Dr.Sam Ramanujan , He explained me the course structure and it was pretty impressive. Moreover this is one of the good colleges for I.T. When i come back to india, I have alot of scope for these courses.

V.O: Great ! What's your UG % ?

Me: I have a First Class Degree with 64% (GPA = 3.5)

V.O: With this %, You cannot complete your MS,If you maintain same GPA, they will send you back to INDIA.

Me: Well Sir, Basically I'm a strong student, In the initial stages of my UG, i have involved in many activities like , giving tehnical seminars and PPTS in Top most univrsities of india and have been appriciated by many professors. I was little diverted in the starting , but in the last 3 semesters , i got 70% , so my aggregate came to 64 .Now that i am realised, i will try to maintain good % in my masters.

V.O: Sounds Great ! So, Do you have any Work experience ?

Me: No Sir, i dont have any work experience right now. I would like to complete my masters and come back to india and work for a top MNC as there is a lot of demand for I.T professionals in india. Most of my cousins have completed their Ms, now they came back to india and working in top companies.

V.O: You are not qualified for this visa. I want you to gain some I.T Experience . work for sometime. Prove you are a good IT Professional. then apply for visa.

Me: Thank you sir, You have a good day ahead.

I'm 2011 passed out, I think, In my first interview, V.O have saved my details as 2010 passed out. so, the second v.O might have thought i'm a 2010 passed out and asked about work experience. I am trying to apply for the third time, I am not understanding, how to handle this situation as v.O said me to gain experience and come. But i am applying again after a couple of days.








NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE










Visa experience: 30th june
Hyderabad consulate, 9:15 counter#16
Actually its a very short one
me: good mrng officer
Vo:good mrng shyam
me:how are u doing??
vo fine and wassup with u??
me : good
vo: so wats ur ug %
me: 74%
vo:dats good
**Actually i have 10 backlogs im so lucky he didnt even ask me about them
vo:wats ur GRE??
me:1100
**he didn't ask me for the official score reports and didnt ask me for my toefl score
Vo: so, who is sponsoring ur education??
me: my dad
vo: wat does he do and his annual income please??
me : told
vo: why NIU??
me: told some random shit which i dnt dnt even know :P
**then the golden words came out "UR VISA IS APPROVED sir" gave a pause cos im sweating a lot even in that air conditioned room
VO: y r u sweating like that ??? are u nervous or the temperature is high ?? should i tell the staff to decrease the temp??
me: im absolutely perfect sir...im sweating cos i have to came running as the token got alloted very next second im issued
Vo: ok have safe journey :D
me : thanks a lot sir

next second jump from there..malli ekkada pilichi reject antademo ani

The day is glorious for me...














NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE


















visa approved
consulate:hyderabad
date:28 june
appointment:10:15
counter no:16
this was my experience
Me:a very goodmorning sir!how r u doing today(with a big smile)
vo:gudmrng (with smile)so,george mason..who're sponsoring ur education n how?
me:told
vo:wats ur %?
me:75% with distinction sir!
vo:any backlogs?
me:no sir!
vo:how did u come to know abt dis univ?
me:told abt som websites..
vo:im issuing ur visa..u can collect it in a week.al da best!njy ur ms in mason!
me:thnk u sir!(infact told 2times with a huge smile)








NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE
















Visa Interview
Date and Time: 27th June at 10:15
Consulate: Hyderabad
Decision: Approved :)
Counter num 13

Me:Good morning sir.(While passing the docs)
VO:Gdmrng.Which univ?
Me:Louisiana state univ
VO:Why LSU?
Me:Gave a prepared answer
VO:Wats ur under grad %?
Me:Told in CGP on a scale of 10
VO:Whats it's equivalent to 4 point CGP?
Me:Above 3 sir(Actually I dont know that its above 3.But just told so)
VO:GRE & TOEFL score?
Me:Told
(VO typed something for a minute)
VO:Who is sponsoring you?
Me:Both my parents
(VO typed again for a minute)
VO:Whats the univ mascot
Me:Told

VO laughed and said that my visa is issued :)























NEXT VISA EXPERIENCE
















My visa experience

Date- 30th june
Consulate- Hyderabad,time- 9:00
Counter no -*****
Decision -*****
Univ--wayne state univ

I was given a token which says that i need to go to counter 15(VO ws american)...I was waiting in the queue..there were two guyz in front f me...in the counter no 16 (VO ws indian) a lady got visiting visa for her 2 cute twin babies...as there were no more applicants in that counter VO signalled me to come..I went with a bright smile and wished him

me-Gud mrng sir (huge smile)

VO-Gud mrng (smiling )

VO-which univ sir?

me-wayne state univ :)

VO-why did you choose wayne state univ??

me-told evrthing wat i wanted to.. with lotta confidence.

VO- wat all univs did you apply sir??

me-wsu,csuohio,nyit,ccny.

VO- wats ya gre ??

me- told

VO- toefl??

me- told

VO- why is yur toefl low sir??

me-Ma toefl and ma semister exams were at da same time sir...so couldnt give ma best.

VO- acads??

me- told

(He got some msg to his mobile...he ws smiling while replying back:D might b his gal :P thanx to da person who brought him into good mood :) )

VO- whoz sponsoring yu???

me-parents sir

VO-Annual income??

me-told.

VO- how you gonna manage your xpences??

me- savings sir...v have good assets back up also sir

VO- OK sir im approving your visa....DIDIKSDSGDYVAYDBABSsad​jsd ( i unno wat he said afta dat..din hear nethin)

me- Thanx alot sir :) :) :)


He din ask me a single document....I din even open ma file :)

No comments:

Post a Comment