Friday 8 July 2011

visa experiences.........


Mohammad Aftabuddin
got ma visa 2day hyd consulate
:D

time:8 15

me gudmrng sir
vo gudmrng ug% and passout
me 2011 and 62.22%
vo gre
me 950
vo which university
me suny np
vo state university new york
me yes sir (should hav told full name shit!!)
vo why this uni??
me the best among my admits
vo wat r da admits u got??
me fdu and suny np
vo why suny??
me ( told prep stuff) curriculum and ....... blah blah..... vo interrupted
vo wait a sec
( vo went out of counter for 2-3 mins seems like a very long time)
vo where were u born??
me karimnagar
vo ever been out of india??
me no (cross fingered) not yet
vo ever to mumbai??
me yea wen i was a child

then the golden words " ur visa is issued and vl b couriered it in a week"



NEXT EXPERIENCE


Thanq u guys 4r posting...:) :)
Date: 8th July
Place: HYderabad
Time: 10.15
Counter NO: 14
VO is a young guy

My Visa Interview went lyk dis n was jus abou 30-40 secs.... :) :)

Me: Gud mng officer... how r u dng 2day wid a smile
VO: Smiled n said sumthg but i didnt get it

VO: Which year pass out?
Me: 2011 Sir...

VO: UG %
Me: 80% with distinction Sir...

VO: GRE
Me: 1080

VO: Which univ?
Me: Campbell University Sir

VO: Y dis Univ?
Me: The course curriculum n profile of the department are impressive. Univ also has Drug Information Centre which gives the details of the new drug molecules.

VO: How do u fund ur education?
Me: My parents r my Sponsors Sir...( forgot to say abou bank loan... lol)

VO: Wat do dey do?
Me: Said.

VO: I am approving ur visa... u ill get ur passport in a week...
Me: OMG... I couldnt realise dats itz over, but itz done... said tq n smiled n den said have a nyc day

This one of the best moments I cherish.... :) :)

NEXT EXPERIENCE


my VI 7th july (bald guy with the french beard)
whats ur aggregate ?
any backlogs ?
gre ?
quants ?
dads profession ?
salary ?
final year project ?
its applications ?
how did u get to know ur univ ?
visa approved ..:)

NEXT EXPERIENCE


Here is my visa experience...

VISA approved
Date: July 6th
Consulate: Hyderabad

My appointment time was 8:15 AM.
N I got my Visa approved by 9 AM

Counter No: 12

My VO was a tall n strong foreigner with a very warm n friendly face n demeanour.
He always had a warm smile on his face.
Just the time I saw him from my queue..his nature relaxed me n I was beaming too with a smile.
I was confident that my Visa will be approved.

In front of the VO there was a gal..He spoke in such a way that he would be approving her visa...
but at last he said that he couldnt give her visa this time though her percentage 69.9% was good n enf to issue a visa, he required GRE scores to judge her and asked her to give her GRE exam and attend the interview again
She applied only with IELTS..no GRE n TOEFL

Next there was a boy going for SUNY New Paltz with around 65% n GRE of 1090...n 6 backlogs..He answered all the questions very confidently n I was sure that the VO was going to approve his VISA.
But finally he gave a rejection stating his acads were low n he was not sure that he would be able to finish his masters in US with such low acads.

Then it was my turn.

ME:Good Morning Sir
vo:Good Morning Maam. How are doing?

ME:I am doing good Sir. How are you doing?
VO:Good Maam.

VO:Which university are you going to?
ME:West Virginia University at Morgantown

VO:Which year passout are you?
ME: Recently passed out..2011 Sir

VO:Your percentage?
ME:79% with distinction

VO:How many backlogs do you have?
ME:Never (very confidently)

He was surprised at the way I said n smiled ..N he repeated ..NEVER..laughing n said good

ME:What are your GRE and TOEFL scores?
VO:My GRE score is 1410 with 680 in Verbal i.e. 96 percentile Sir n my TOEFL is 113

(VO interrupted while I was still about to tell my TOEFL score and asked me to give my score reports. I searched for them and gave him)

ME: Here they are Sir.
vO: Thank you

After checking them for a while..

Vo:With such good scores..You could have even got into Penn State, Yale University and all..then why are you going for West Virginia University?

( I was already pitying myself in my mind :( n he was looking deep into my eyes with a question n I answered some crap about WVU)
ME:Yes Sir. Because it is the best of the admits I got. West Virginia University's Engineering program has been ranked 23rd nationally in a survey conducted by the Wall Street Journal. I have talked to my seniors from the University and received a positive feedback from them. Based on my Professors n snrs suggestions I chose this university. I also went through the course curriculum n liked it.( He was still looking at me)..so..said..There is a very good research going on in the field of Software Engineering in the university. Professors like Hany H. Ammar are dealing with it..

(n he was still looking at me..n I was about to add some more..he stopped it n posed another qsn.)

vO: So..tell me about your place.
ME: which one sir?

VO: Morgantown
ME: It is known as Well City by.... .... council of america in 2008. It is a cool n pleasant place to live so that we can concentrate more on studies. It is known for its Personal Rapid Transit system the PRT..Which is the first of its kind in America

VO:Exactly...you know so well about the place
ME:Thank you Sir

VO: So.. How does it feel like ..being a minority?
ME: I dint get you Sir.

VO: ..... minority there..How do you feel about it?
ME: I dint get you.

VO: Well...there are a very few Indians in west virginia..so..being a minority..how do you feel about it?
ME: Yes Sir..there are a very few Indians..but there are Indians in the university..i have seniors studying in the university..moreover I have contacted the Indian Students Association over there to arrange for my pickup n temporary accommodation ( donno why I spoke abt this :P)

VO: Thats good. So..how are you funding your education?
ME: We have total savings of XX lakhs. My father is working as so n so n has xxL as savings in bank account( donno why i mentioned about my dad..i actually planned to give him a break up of all my funds n loan available...but he stopped me the moment I mentioned abt my father n asked me another qsn..)

VO: What does your father do?
ME: He is a senior officer in the State govt. of Andhra Pradesh...n I was telling his designation..he stopped me even before i told him abt his designation

VO: Do you know about the nickname of West Virginia University?
ME: Mounaineer

VO: Wonderful..you have done a lot of research on your university
ME: Thank you Sir

VO: I am approving your VISA maam...%%^&((&(*#$@#...dint hear anything after that..was already in a happy mood and busy packing up my folder :P

so I assumed it myself that it must be something like he wished me for my higher studies n said Thank you Sir..you really made my day :)

VO: You will receive your passport within a week Maam
ME: Thank you Sir :)



NEXT EXPERIENCE




Date: 6th July
Consulate: Chennai
Decision: APPROVED :) :)

Me: Good Morning Mam (With a Broad smile)
VO: Good Morning ... How are you doing ??
Me: Im fine Mam ...how about you ??
VO: Im doing good too...
VO: (Collected my passport and asked for my provisional Certificate) How did you
come to know of this College (Univ of Texas at Dallas) ??
Me: My Academic advisors helped me in choosing this college and i have done a fair
amount of Independent Research too... (prepared ans :P :P)
VO: How may Colleges did you apply ??
Me: Said
VO: How many Admits??
Me: Said
VO: Who is Sponsoring your education ??
Me: My parents Mam
VO: What do they do ??
Me: Said

VO: OK..Im approving your VISA...You will receive it in a Week's time
Me: Thank you Mam...Have a good day

A Confident SMILE and WISH will do.....!!!






NEXT EXPERIENCE








Date: 7th July
Consulate: Chennai
Time: 9.00AM
Decision: APPROVED :) :)

I reached consolate at 7.15am but my interview was at 9am..
I thought i could communicate with other fellows who are attending the interview..
Guys i was worried when i reached the consolate i met some guys.... who's acads are like 85% with 1350 gre and bla bla blah...... some people with assistant ships..... 8.8 gpa n all......

No where i could find guys like me........:):):)

Finally the process started and i reached counter number 29...

As soon as i went there i again saw a person with good scores even he got rejected... hmmm then its my turn to go and take a rejection stamp...
My turn:::

Me: Good morning sir with a lil smile
Vo: Good morning can u give me your file...(he was serious he even didnt look at me)
he was silent for more than a minute seriously going through my certificates....
then after a minute
VO: so u selected cleveland state univ???
Me: Yes sir, Cleveland state University, Ohio.
Vo: can u say me reason why u selected this university??
Me: said all the prepared stuff.... (guys say some points like who recommended u abt this univ, tell some names of the professors some where in between, research in that univ n all... if u dnt know much also just Google abt it... a little info is enough)....
Vo: whats your acads?
Me: Said
Vo: I hope u never had a backlog...!!!
Me: Sir, i had backlogs but i cleared it in the very next attempt... he dint asked how many even....(say every answer confidently and in loud voice.... it matters a lot)...
Vo: who are going to sponsor u? wat are your parents? can u elaborate their business? how much they earn per year? how will u fund for your masters and all...... very basic questions thats it.....
Me: replied all the questions.... he was watching at me and my gesture while i was answering.....

Finally he said ok, Your visa is approved...... n he gave some paper and was saying something.... (who cares.....:):):)...)
Said Thank you sir and came out......

one thing i dnt have great acads and great scores i have just first division with minimum arrears... scores are not much prestigious but reasonable...

confidence makes a large difference... dnt panic in the hall what ever the situation may be......:):):)

ALL THE BEST TO NEXT VISA APPLICANTS......












NEXT EXPERIENCE
















Date: 7th July
Consulate: Chennai
Time: 9.00AM
University of North Texas
Decision: APPROVED :) :)

I reached consulate with 2 of my friends @7:30AM.
After Waiting for about 40 mins then received a call
from security to get in the queue line.

Initial counter:checked my DS form and sevis fee receipt and given me token N279

Entered into the consulate..again after a formal check of my folder by security personnel
I had to waited in a hall for my token number to be displayed on screen(i was called to C-1)

(finger prints):asked my HDFC recepit,passport, the I20 and GRE TOEFL score cards.
all were pinned and kept in a separate folder and returned back to me.
Later instructed to move on to the building beside.

The hall was full of VISA applicants i even can't find a place for me to seat
Got a seat after a while.....

At last i was called to the conuter No 18

VO was a american in his 30's.....

I was standing in the queue infront of me there were 3 guys all are for F1.
2 were accepted and one were rejected.

The reason for 1 rejection is VO got doubt abt his TOEFL score and asked his centre name
(typed smthng in sys and said that centre was black listed).

then the guy before me got visa a moved on happily...next my turn..

VO:next please
me:Good morning sir :):)
VO:Good morning(no expression) ....pass on the docs..
me:yes sir.
VO:Why north texas?
Me:said abt my area of intrest(algorithm&analysis) and the current research
gng n in the univ..
VO:Why algorithm&analysis??
Me: well prepared and answered(again no expression typn sumthn in the sys)..
VO:what's ur Ug%?
me:84%
VO:hmm...which university ur from?
me:acharya nagarjuna university
VO:ohk..then how are you supporting your finances??
me: sir i have EDU loan for XX lakhs& my family is sponsoring my education
VO: Family?? who are they??
me:sir my father and my brother
VO:What are they??
me: My father works in revenue department state government andhra pradesh
and his annual income is X lakhs,My brother works in TCS and his income is......
(i didn't complete)
then came the golden words...
VO: ok ur visa is approved 'll receive it within a week
me: thank you sir thank you very much
VO: Thankyou!!!..

He didn't ask me even a single document.......

VO was quite serious in the entire conversation...I was littl bit tensed in the middle
what decision he would make......Finally am done...

NOTE:@ chennai consulate question about GRE and TOEFL arises only if VO get any doubt(score cards are passed to him along with the I20 and passport)
























NEXT EXPERIENCE
































Visa approved
Place: Kolkata
Date: 8th July
Course: Meng in Cs
University: Univ of Cincinnati
VO was a Korean/Chinese kinda guy. Very friendly.
Me: Good Morning Sir
VO: Good Morning. How are you doing today?
Me: Blank for a few seconds.... Was stumped by his friendly attitude
VO: From where have you done your undergraduate studies?
Me: Sir, Jorhat Engineering College in Assam. Its a 50 year old gov engineering college and ranked among the top 100 engineering colleges of India.
VO: Good! What is the name of the scholarship your are getting?
Me: Told.... ( a little surprised because he was not asking about the amount but the name)
VO: Will your parents provide the rest?
Me: Yes
VO: What do they do?
Me: Told
VO: Do you have your GRE and TOEFL score cards?
Me: Yes Sir.
VO: Can I see those?
Me: Shown
VO: Did you have any backlogs?
Me: Yes sir
VO: How many?
Me: Sir, two in the 1st semester
VO: Which subjects?
Me: Physics and Engineering Graphics.
VO: Your visa is approved and you will receive it in about a week.
Me: Thank you sir! Have a nice day.

1 comment: